Monday, March 19, 2012

Birthday Zoo Fun.

We have a fantastic Natural Science Center down here in Greensboro, and the best part about it is the little zoo! I say little, but I personally think it's pretty big, just small in comparison to national zoos. I think it will be quite some time before this one is no longer entertaining for our family: ) Anyway, for "one" of my birthday weekend events I just really wanted to spend a family day at the zoo. It had been a long time since we'd gone the first time, so I was so excited to see how into it Trey would be. Well, he didn't disappoint for sure. The fact that we had to tear him away crying after 2 hours is a good sign that he had a great time!

The pics are in random order, but the story is still the same--a great time was had by all:)

One of my favorite things about my first born doll baby is that he makes friends everywhere he goes. Every group of kids he'd see, he just wanted to tag along and jump into the fun they were having. This is in the tunnel looking into the meerkat "manor";) They thought it was hilarious that they kept slipping around the plastic walls. It was really cute.


Inside they have a dinosaur exhibit, and this one will roar when you roar at it, so Trey kept giving his very best T-Rex interpretation.


"I got him, Mommy!"


Look at these two! What a pair!


Animal cookie break:)


The tigers were walking incredibly close to the viewing area that day. Amazing! God was so creative when designing all of these animals. This guy was getting ready to lie down and let out this huge roar/yawning sound--IT WAS CRAZY! The sound shook the air around us.
What a powerful animal!


The petting zoo area was fun. Lots of goats and sheep and llamas. They had a brush in there that Trey used to groom all the different animals. It was so funny, because he brushed every single one of them, and when he was done he just left the brush on the back of one of the sheep:) May have had to have been there, but I thought it was a hoot.


Yikes! This is the crazy turkey "Tom" that just roams about, but when he'd get all puffed up and start shaking his big ol' tail feathers at us...well, let's just say I wasn't a fan. Zio had a bad experience with a turkey as a child, and that's one more turkey attack than I'd care to be a part of!


I think that Trey could have played on these fun froggies for hours!

'Til next time...

No comments: