Saturday, May 28, 2011

The Results are in...

Thursday was our anatomy ultrasound appointment, and most importantly, we are so thankful that God gave us a very healthy report, thus far! It's amazing to me what they can "rule out" disorder-wise with all the measurements that they take. Technology can be a beautiful thing:) I'm totally one of those patients that quizzes the tech the entire way through. "Did you see this? Was there anything wrong with that? How's the heart?" But then after all of that, we found out what our beautiful baby is...boy or girl. Except that we didn't find out:) We know but we don't know! We had her tell us when it was coming then to have us look away so that she could write it down on a note card and put it in an envelope for us. Trey is getting dedicated at church on Sunday and many of our family members are coming to celebrate, so we thought it would be a fun way to include them, by having them surprise us with the results!

After much thought about "the perfect" way to find out (without copying exactly some of the very cute ideas I'd heard), we decided that we'd pick out two outfits, and they will wrap the appropriate one for us to open after lunch. The thrill of the surprise has been so fun, and having this envelope sitting right here is so tempting, but I love surprises WAY too much to spoil it:) We had a fun little family outing today to target to find a couple of sweet little outfits for the "Big Reveal".

We did have a serious close call yesterday when Trey was opening some mail and I heard him open a second envelope, and out of the corner of my eye I saw that he had busted into "The Surprise Envelope"! I freaked out and shouted, "NOOOOOOOO!!!" So I ran upstairs and closed my eyes the entire time I shoved the card back into the new envelope--haha, phew, that was close! Anyway, we'll be sure to let you know!

3 comments:

Cari said...

LOL this is such a cute idea Brett! I love it!!!! Can't wait to find out what you are having. Love you!

April said...

So...what is it? A he or a she?

Liz said...

In quiring minds want to know... what are you having? :o)