Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Master Bath Mini-Makeover

A couple weeks ago, Shaun and I had the hankerin' to do a little home decorating. The challenge was to pick a space that we could see a noticeable update with a very small budget. Our goal was $50, we went over a bit, but with only $75 we gave our master bath a "Spa-inspired" mini-makeover:)
Our vision for our bathroom is the relaxed and luxurious feeling we get from "the Vitality Room" at the Ritz Carlton in Charlotte. I just love walking into a spa. I don't even need to be having any treatments, and I feel so relaxed. This is our hope at some point.
Thanks to good ol' Garden Ridge we stretched our $75 and were able to get a great hanging shower caddy that tidied up our shower space, a faux-wood shower rod and curtain hooks, a botanical print celadon curtain, a cozy bath rug (that kinda reminds me of a sea anemone), a beautiful impressionistic painting of a willow tree, and last but not least, my little potted moss creations:) Super simple, but I couldn't find anything like it for the price I wanted to pay in the "floral" section at the store, so I thought it would be easy enough to just add our own natural element to the countertop.


We've got some bigger, more dramatic ideas for this space, but this was a fun Saturday project.

No comments: