Monday, May 2, 2011

One of my favorite people from my college days is Mrs. Sara-Beth Noll. It makes me smile just to think of her and all of her sweetness. I have truly loved getting "reacquainted" with the Noll family through their blog the last several months, and I just wanted to share one of her most recent posts and thoughts that I had while reading. Well, I can't take credit. I'm sure that the Spirit put them there, so, perhaps He'll use this to make you think about it too:)

Just in time you don't get a chance to read her post (which you should), then I'll tell you that they have been going thru the process of adoption, and Sara-Beth has been generous enough to share her thoughts and feelings throughout. It has certainly opened my eyes to the world of adoption, and I'm so thankful for her openness. This particular post is about their family Easter and the joys of the day, yet the ache in her heart knowing that she is missing her boys. The waiting is very hard. A dear friend (and veteran of adoption) of hers gives some amazing counsel. Part of which she directs SB's attention to the direct parallel to OUR adoption into Christ's family. Wow! So what follows are my thoughts and comments to Sara-Beth in response...

"Thank you, Sara-Beth, for always being so honest and open with your heart thru this whole process. Never knowing anyone personally who has gone thru the process, I have never really understood everything that surrounds it. Thank you.
I also wanted to thank you for making me think about OUR adoption into God's family. What a beautiful and heartbreaking picture of God's heart yearning for me to turn to Him completely. Though He knew that I'd come running back to Him (and the role you would play;) ), each day of waiting and watching His daughter make mistake after mistake without Him must have been so hard for Him. I am in such need of these reminders because as intimate of a relationship that I know God wants with us, I think that in my mind I have such a hard time believing that He would feel that way about me."

Now being a mom, God has been more than gracious, in the insight He's given me to the Father-daughter relationship I have with Him. I am tearing up thinking of the intense love I have for Trey and for baby #2, and am then in awe and disbelief that I can't even comprehend how much greater God's love is for me.

1 comment:

The Nolls said...

Sweet Bretters! I loved seeing this today - it blessed me in many ways!! I, like you, struggle to imagine the Lord yearning for me as I yearn for the boys - but he does - and so much fuller and sweeter and purer than we do as fallen parents. It's mind boggling to think about!

You are such a precious friend and I am so thankful for you! Thanks for loving me and being part of my boys' story!
xoxo