Saturday, January 29, 2011

Maaaann! I can't believe it's been two and a half weeks since my last post...that's SO unlike me;) haha. Does this mean that my new year's resolution is busted?
NEW Resolution...don't beat myself up about everything and be psyched about second chances! I like this one a lot:)

At least I can say that for me, this one was worth the wait...I got some pretty "thrilling" finds from good ol' Thrill of the Hunt. I've got awesome news, but sad news about my new favorite store--I'll need to find another:( They're no longer gonna be selling furniture, just jewelry. Now how am I gonna decorate my house with costume jewelry?--actually, now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure I could find some good use for a little bling from Preen;)

Ok, on to the finds, and the awesome news--because they're no longer selling furniture, that means that they needed to get rid of everything in two weeks = STEALS!!!

This little beaut started as $80, but when I went in for round 1 she was willing to go to $50 if I bought it with a couple other items I was looking at. Well, after some unexpected car expenses (perfect timing, huh?;) ) I went back for round 2 with the hopes of being able to possibly just get the stool for $50 alone, and to my pure delight she was willing to come up off this thing for 20 bones!!!



I had a hard time capturing the color and texture, but it's just a lovely blue velvet, and it's refreshing to have the slim, spindle legs, when I feel like all I've selected furniture-wise for so long is chunky and straight. I still love the clean lines, but I love adding a little "spice" , something unexpected, here and there:) It's the perfect height for the desk between the shelves. AND that means that now my beloved damask chair from TJ's can be seen in all it's glory:) (Have I mentioned how much I love this chair?)




This great little side table was the second great deal during round 2. After saying she'd do 20 for the stool, we walked over to the table, which was originally $75, and she says, "I'll do this one for 25." Woo hoo! I said, "DONE AND DONE!"
So I got them both for less than I was hoping to get the stool for--woo!




And now, the mantle...

Many of you know that Anthropologie is my very favorite store, does this baby not scream "Antropologie"?! The moment I saw this mantle I could envision it in our "Master Suite":)

I have a vision for a sitting area at the opposite end of our room from the bed. complete with an upholstered "fire screen", comfy yet stylish reading chair, and a delicate chandelier to light our morning readings, oh and of course, it's all pulled together by the perfect rustic mantle;) One piece complete!

I've been eyeing this bad boy for months! Every time I'd go in the store I was so excited to still see it there, as if always whispering, "Brett, take me home". The original price was 165--not too bad to begin with if you ask me--but it wasn't until round 3 when I called midway through their final week to see if by some wild chance it was still there...well, it was, and for a mere $50 this old mantle had a new home! We did offer $15 to have them deliver it which saved us a whole lot of hassle, and basically made the decision for us.

So here we are, coming together, piece by piece...

No comments: