Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Month of Love Fun

The more crafts and art projects Trey does at school, the more I get inspired to do fun things like that at home. I just have to decide that I don't mind cleaning up a big mess, and suddenly it's lots of fun:)
Here is a fun project that Trey and I did that we found on the Martha Stewart Living website. Most of the "kid's" projects that I found seemed pretty advanced, but this was fun. I had to prep it a bit, and be VERY hands on with the iron, but all-in-all it was a fun little project that he was proud to show off to his Papa when he got home from work:)

I prepped some crayon shavings. Then Trey sprinkled them onto one side of a folded piece of wax paper.



I folded up the edges, slipped it between a paper grocery bag, then Trey helped me run a warm iron over it to melt the crayons.

I cut them into various sized hearts, and Trey glued them to some yarn.

And TADA! We have a pretty little "stained glass" decor in our window. Involved, but fun:)

No comments: